Monday, March 17, 2008

Horton Hears a Who












I saw Dr. Seuss's classic 'Horton Hears a Who' last Saturday afternoon with some friends and I must say I was pleased. The animation performances were amazing and the book to film adaptation seemed to work even thought I haven't read the book in a loooong time. I loved the slapstick comedy complete with bulging eyes, staples in the head, and cliff side face plants.

My only critique about the film is the 2-3 minute 2D anime clip used to portray a "day dream" sequence where Horton envisions himself as a fearless ninja. I was totally pulled out of the movie at that point. I understand what BlueSky was going for but I felt the styles totally conflicted.

Aside from the random anime insert I loved the film. At the theater my friends and I attended in Palo Alto the audience actually applauded at the end.

UPDATE!

I just found some great featurettes on the making of HHW! You can check'm out here:

Making of Horton Hears a Who


















No comments: